Tuesday, April 23, 2013

honey-mustard broccoli salad

 Here's another one for fulfilling my veggie craving. It's a broccoli salad that would also be great for a summer picnic (summer weather? please?).  This recipe is from The Sprouted Kitchen cookbook, which has so many good healthy meals and beautiful photography.


honey-dijon dressing
3 T Dijon
2 T honey
2 T olive oil
2 T red wine vinegar
salt and pepper

Steam broccoli florets just enough to take off "raw edge," cool with running water in a sieve. Meanwhile, julienne the stems (mandoline + cut matchsticks), cut the apple into fine dice or matchsticks, combine everything in a bowl. Add some green cabbage if you have it around. I also thought that some dried cranberries would be good in this. For the leftovers I think I will throw some in.

2 bunches broccoli with stems (about 1 lb)
1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
1 apple, cored and diced
1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley
optional: add some thinly sliced green cabbage

No comments:

Post a Comment