Saturday, June 8, 2013

time travel is possible.


I just got home to Duluth yesterday and couldn't believe the sight of the trees as I drove through town: half of them still didn't have leaves! Most still had that bright green of new buds. It was pretty crazy, and I definitely felt like I had just gone back 6-8 weeks to the beginning of spring. This was reconfirmed this morning when I tried to hit up the Duluth Farmer's Market. Really: no vegetables except one table that had some lettuce and parsnips. Granted, I got there at 11:30 and it closes at noon (which is also crazy - I am spoiled by Ann Arbor's wonderful, sprawling market open till 3). All I ended up getting was some cheese and a bag of lettuce. I will have to go again on Wednesday and go earlier, and hope for at least rhubarb!

Anyways, I am looking forward to relaxing a bit, cooking and working out here, and seeing family and some old friends. Oh, and running the marathon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment